Thursday, August 20, 2009

I Love Lucie





Hi there, it's Lucie's momma Hawthorne Girl here and I'm sneaking in to make today's post. Lulu will be so embarrased if she finds out that I'm here talking about her.

Yesterday Lucie took a little tumble that really gave me a scare so last night I was thinking a lot about her and just how much fun it has been having little Lulu to accompany me on our adventures. Oh now don't worry, she's just fine. I think I was more shaken up than she was! But let's just say, if she would have been wearing a harness, she would have been fine but with her collar, it could have been pretty bad had I not been right there. So I immediately went out today to get her a harness which will replace her collar. I urge you to do the same if you have your pets in collars. I think there is just too much risk with them and I won't use one again.

So anyway, back to my gushing about Lulu. Some of you may not know but Lulu came into my life quite spontaneously when my boyfriend was looking for a puppy for his daughter. I got on-line and googled "puppies Portland" and found this really great website called kijiji. It's like Craig's List but with a lot of pet postings. As I scrolled down the list one caught my eye that said free Boston Terrier. I had always wanted a Boston Terrier so I looked at the listing which said that she was 10 months old and had cataracts and that they wanted to find her a good home that would not breed her. Her former family were breeders of Bostons, French Bulldogs and St. Bernards. It seems they were concerned that she would need a little more care than they were equipped to give in such a full household. I began corresponding with her family and drove out to Estacada that weekend to pick her up. Immediately we fell for her. She was so funny and running around with a chewy in her mouth. We brought her home and she adapted so well to everyone, we all just love her to pieces. The pictures above are with our good friends the day after I brought her home. She was an instant part of our family and I'm so thankful that I was the lucky girl that got to bring her home. Her eyes have gotten a little worse and there is nothing that can be done but she's so tough and spunky, she does just fine. I'm confident we will have many more adventures in the future.

Just take good care of your critters and keep an eye on them. They really do need us after all.

And thank you to Lulu's former family for giving me the opportunity to be a doggie momma.

Oh yeah, and yes we found a puppy as well. He's the cutie named Roy that Lulu gets to spend a lot of time with and they love each other so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment